1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Accessing the MySQL databases / Configuring a script
Whatever the script or the application needing to connect to a database, the basic settings are always the same.
There are 4 essential settings which absolutely must be checked before writing to us in the event f a problem. These are displayed in your hosting control panel in the left-hand menu entitled "Databases". You will see here especially:
- the MySQL host name (hostname/dbhost) (e.g. XXXX.myd.infomaniak.com)
- the database name (dbname) (e.g. XXXX_dbname)
- the user name (e.g. XXXX_username)
- the password is not displayed but it is the one you entered when creating the MySQL user
Steps to follow
- open the admin console (https://login.infomaniak.com)
- go to Hosting
- click on the hosting/domain name in question
- in the left-hand panel, click on Databases
- create your required MySQL information or look it up on this page
- in the event of losing your MySQL login details, just click on the MySQL user name in order to create a new password (or create a new user and assign them rights for the database in question)