1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
PHP function mail(): send mail from server
This guide details how to send email from a website hosted by Infomaniak using the PHP mail() function activated by default even if you have a web hosting without email service.
Specifying the sending address
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Web Hosting
- Click on the hosting/domain name in question
- Under Sites, click on the site concerned
- Click on the Advanced Settings button
- In the Sender Email Address field, enter a valid email address
- Click on Save
When sending an email with the PHP mail() function, the return-path will be recorded as email@example.com for example. On the other hand, in your form code, the "Reply-To:" header allows a valid return address to be specified.
In the event of a problem when sending a message from a CMS like WordPress, you should check the sending settings in it. For example (Joomla): https://faq.infomaniak. com/1490