1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Transferring a .de domain to a registrar other than Infomaniak
This guide details the administrative steps to be taken to transfer the management of a .de domain to a registrar other than Infomaniak.
With certain domain extensions, it is compulsory to supply a local contact to satisfy registration requirements. When you order a .de domain with Infomaniak and you do not have an address in Germany, we offer you the option to use the address of one of our trusted local partners called "trustees".
Transferring a .de domain to another registrar
If you use the details of the Infomaniak trustee for your domain, you need to update Whois with the trustee of the new registrar or another address in Germany:
- open the admin console (https://login.infomaniak.com)
- go to Domain name
- click on the domain name to be transferred
- on the left side panel, click onWhois Information
- under the Administratorcontact, click on Other contact
- under Administrator, click onAdd a contact
- enter a contact or a trustee whose address is in Germany
- click on Save
- follow the normal procedure to transfer a domain: https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/2075
Since the Whois admin contact of the domain to be transferred does not have an address in Germany different from that of our trustee, it will not be possible to request that a transfer code be sent.