1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Domain name: transferring a .de domain to another registrar
This guide details the administrative steps to be taken to transfer the management of a .de domain to a registrar other than Infomaniak.
With certain domain extensions, it is compulsory to supply a local contact to satisfy registration requirements. If you order a .de domain from Infomaniak and you do not have an address in Germany, we offer you the option to use the address of one of our trusted local partners called "trustees".
Transferring a .de domain
If you use the details of the Infomaniak trustee for your domain, you need to update the Whois of the domain to be transferred with the trustee of the new registrar or another address located in Germany:
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Domain
- If necessary, click the domain name to be transferred
- Click Whois Information in the left side panel
- Under Administrator, click Other contact
- Click the Add button to create a new contact
- Enter a contact or a trustee whose address is located in Germany
- Click Save
- Follow this guide to transfer the domain: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2075
If the Whois admin contact of the domain to be transferred does not contain an address in Germany that is different from that of our trustee, it will be impossible to request the transfer code to be sent.If instead you wish to delete the domain name, please follow this FAQ: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1902