1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Installing a free Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate on a site
This guide explains how to install a free Let's Encrypt SSL certificate on a website hosted by Infomaniak.
To enable installation, the domain name DNSs must be correctly configured to point to the site concerned. If a change is made at this level, some operations may not be immediately operational.
Installing a free SSL certificate on a site
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Web Hosting
- If necessary, click the hosting/domain name concerned
- In the left side panel, click My Sites and then SSL Certificates
- Click Install an SSL certificate
- Select the site on which the certificate must be installed
- Select Free SSL Certificates and click Save
- You will receive a confirmation email when the SSL certificate is installed
In case of a problem
Once the certificate is installed, your site will be accessible in http and https.
- To automatically redirect all your visitors to your secure https site: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1961
- If a problem occurs, here are a few suggestions: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2131
Let's Encrypt limits the installation of certificates to 100 subdomains.
There is a limit of 20 certificates for 7 days / domain registered.
Let's Encrypt has introduced a failed validation limit of 5 failures per account / hostname / hour.
- For multiple subdomains: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2096
- Find out more: https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/
If you want to include an alias domain name recently added to a site that already had a certificate, you must update it: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2155