1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Creating an alias for an existing email address
This guide explains how to create variants of your usual email address. You can change what comes before the @ sign. For example, email@example.com is a long address which can be shortened and used like this: firstname.lastname@example.org (in this case a "jps" alias needs to be created on the "john-peter.smith" address).
To change what comes after the @, alias domains need to be used (find out more).
Adding an alias to an email address
- Open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Mail hosting
- If necessary, click the hosting/domain name concerned
- Under Email addresses, click the base email address (the one you want to give an alias to)
- Click Alias in the left side menu
- Click Add an alias
- Enter the alias you want (the part before the @)
- Click Confirm to save the changes