1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Installing Laravel 5.1 on a Web hosting or a Cloud Server
Laravel is an open-source PHP Web application framework following the model-view-controller (MVC) principle. This guide explains how to easily install Laravel 5.1 on our Web hostings or Cloud Servers.
The Laravel documents: http://laravel.com/docs/5.1#installation
1. Configuring the hosting
Laravel requires a minimum PHP 5.5.9 and you will therefore need to check your site's PHP version (find out more).
=> Installing Composer with the help of this guide.
2. Installing Laravel from Composer
- log in to your host via SSH (find out more).
- enter the following command in the terminal: cd ~
- run this command: php -d allow_url_fopen=On composer.phar create-project laravel/laravel --prefer-dist
You should also find a "laravel" folder with the framework contents.
3. Adjusting the root of the website
Once Laravel is installed, you need to configure the site with the Laravel public root:
- open the Manager (https://manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Hosting
- click on hosting/the domain name concerned
- under Sites, click on the domain name of the site concerned
- under Target directory, modify the path (in our example: /laravel/public)