1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
WorkSpace: Editing the IMAP special folders for an email address
This guide explains how to configure IMAP special folders (drafts, sent messages, spam, trash, archives) for an email address managed by Infomaniak.
If you check your email with the WorkSpace and a messaging program like Outlook or Thunderbird, this will allow you to match the special folders between WorkSpace and your email client.
Changing the IMAP special folders for an email address:
- open the WorkSpace: ( workspace.infomaniak.com)
- click on th eicon showing grey envelopes at the top right,
- click on Settings
- in the heading My email addresses, click on the email address in question
- click on the Folders tab (if there is reduced display the tabs are available in th eform of a drop-down menu by clicking first on General)
- select the desired default folders to store your drafts, sent messages, and spam as well as your recycle bin
- hit Save
Some email clients also allow you to change the location of the special folders. We suggest you consult the official documentation for your email program if necessary. The following links are provided for your information:
- Mozilla Thunderbird (official documentation)
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 (official documentation)
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 (unofficial documentation)
- Apple Mail(official documentation for Mac OS X Yosemite)
- on an iPhone (unofficial documentation, in English)