1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Infomaniak Mail: modifying IMAP special folders for an email address
This guide explains how to configure IMAP special folders (drafts, sent messages, spam, trash, archives) for an email address via Infomaniak Mail, our complete online solution for reading and managing your emails.
If you check your email with Infomaniak Mail and email software like Outlook or Thunderbird, this will allow you to match the special folders between the webmail and your email software.
Changing IMAP special folders for an email address
- Open Infomaniak Mail (mail.infomaniak.com)
- Click the icon in the top right
- Select Email Addresses
- Click the icon to the right of the email address concerned, then select Email address settings
- In the left sidebar, select Folders
- Select the desired default folders to store your drafts, archives, sent messages and spam as well as your trash
- Click Save
Some email software also enables you to change the location of the special folders. We recommend you read the official documentation for your email software if necessary. The following links are provided for your information:
- Mozilla Thunderbird (official documentation)
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 (unofficial documentation)
- on an iPhone (unofficial documentation)