1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Adding an alias (domain) to a Mail host
This guide explains how to have multiple names /
For example, firstname.lastname@example.org is a long email address The alias domain email@example.com is shorter and easier to retain. All messages sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (alias domain) will end up in the inbox for the address email@example.com
Linking an additional domain to an existing Mail deal
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Mail Hosting
- click on the hosting/domain name in question /t
- at the bottom of the dashboard under Alias domains, click on Link a domain name
- enter the alias domain name. If the alias or its DNS zone is managed by Infomaniak, it is possible to automatically update the DNS entries. If necessary, make the necessary changes through your registrar or transfer the management of the domain name to Infomaniak: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1814
- click on Save
- You must own the domain name you wish to link to an email address.
- The MX of the alias domain must point to mta-gw.infomaniak.ch (find out more).Email addresses for the domain are automatically valid with all installed domains. For example, "firstname.lastname@example.org" and "email@example.com" are one and the same address (the "info" address does not need to be recreated on each domain). So if one of your correspondents writes an email to your firstname.lastname@example.org, you will receive this email at email@example.com
Link to this FAQ: