1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Replacing a Web hosting's domain name
This guide explains how to replace or change the primary domain name linked to a Web hosting.
Begin by adding an alias to your site: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1946
This alias will replace the current principal domain name after inversion.
Proceedinng to replace the domain name linked to the site
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Web Hosting
- click on the hosting/domain name concerned
- under Sites at the botton right, click on the site concerned
- under Domains on the bottom right click on the menu to the right of the alias that will become the principal domain
- select Define as the principal domain
- if necessary delete the old domain name and its variants that have become alias domains
If an SSL certificate is used: the certificate is valid only for one domain and cannot be simply transferred to another domain. To replace or swap a domain name with SSL, therefore, it is first necessary to disable the SSL certificate, follow the procedure described above, and create a new SSL certificate for the new primary domain.