1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Replacing a Web hosting domain name
This guide explains how to replace or change the primary domain name linked to a Web hosting.
Begin by adding an alias to your site: https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/1946
This alias will replace the current primary domain name after the inversion that you will carry out.
If you use an SSL certificate, you will have to update it to include the additional aliases: https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/2155
If you use the Dedicated IP option, you must uninstall it and reinstall it after the inversion that you will carry out: https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/2139
Replacing the domain name linked to the site
- once the alias has been added, open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Web Hosting
- click on the hosting/domain name concerned
- under Sites at the bottom right, click on the site concerned
- under Domains at the bottom right, click on the menu to the right of the alias that will become the primary domain
- select Define as the primary domain
- if necessary, delete the old domain name and its variants that have become alias domains