1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Previewing a Site when the DNS do not yet point to Infomaniak's servers
This guide explains how to test a site using the preview address. The preview address is particularly useful for testing your website before pointing your domain name to Infomaniak's servers.
To get your site's preview address:
- open the admin console (https://manager.infomaniak.com)
- go to Hosting
- click on the hosting/domain name in question
- under Sites, click on the domain name of the site in question
- the preview address is listed under preview URL (e.g.: XXX.preview.infomaniak.website)
- in your Internet browser's address bar, check that the URL matches the preview address (if this is not the case, you may have an automatic redirection that points to your domain name. Disable it to test the site on your Infomaniak hosting)
To preview a site without a preview URL:https://faq.infomaniak.com/2073
If your site only displays the preview URL
If your site created with My WordPress Site continually displays a preview URL address (XXX.preview.infomaniak.website for-example), you must assign it the permanent address as the principal address (help).