1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Configuring chat on an external application with the Jabber protocol
Our instant messaging solution uses the Jabber communication protocol, an open source technology based on the XMPP standard. So you can use chat with all apps that support the XMPP standard, either on a computer or mobile device.
Chat must be enabled before you can configure it on an external application.
B. Display login information
To configure chat on an external application, here’s how to display the login information you need:
- Login to your WorkSpace using this link: https://admin2.infomaniak.com/admin/account/chat/
- If you cannot access this page, it means that chat has not been enabled https://faq.infomaniak.com/2058
- Hit the Set Password button to set your password
- Note your complete identifier (ex.: AB12345@vhostXXX.jabber.sharedbox.com) as well as the password that you have selected. You will need them to use chat on a smartphone, tablet or instant messaging software.
During the configuration of the account in your application of choice, systematically select Jabber.
For your information, here are the applications that function with XMPP protocol:
- iMessages (intégré à Mac OS X)