1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Editing the DNS zone (A record, MX record, DKIM, CNAME, SRV, etc.) for a domain name
This guide explains how to add, change or delete specific entries (records) within a DNS zone of a domain name. It may also help you to:
- edit the DNS zone present with Infomaniak for a domain name managed by another Registrar
- link an Infomaniak-managed domain name to a Web/Email hosting managed by another hosting service provider
Logging into the DNS zone
- open the Infomaniak admin console (manager.infomaniak.com
- go to Domain name
- click on the domain name to be modified
- click on DNS management
- under the headingDNS zones, click on Manage the DNS zones, in the Simple Mode tab, you will see the entries currently in place
- add or update records based on the values transmitted by your service providers
For further and simplified information:
- a MX record allows you to indicate where the EMAIL part of your domain should be managed
- an A record allows you to direct a domain name (e.g.: your-site.com) or a sub-domain name (e.g.: example.your-site.com) to a Web server that has a static IP address.
- a DKIM record (Domain Keys Identified Mail) is a method of authentication which allows you to know whether an email actually comes from its sender's domain. This standard thus stops spammers from passing themselves off as legitimate entities
- a SRV record (Service Resource Records) allows you to show which services are available for a domain. SRV are often used for XMPP or LDAP protocols, or for the use of Microsoft Office 365.<
These changes may take up to 48 hours.