1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Editing the DNS area (A, MX, etc. record, CNAME...) for a domain name registered with Infomaniak
This guide also explains how to link an Infomaniak-managed domain name to a Web/Email hosting that is not managed by Infomaniak.
- open the Infomaniak admin console (https://admin2.infomaniak.com/)
- go to Domain name
- click on the domain name to be modified
- click onDNS management
- under the headingDNS zones, click on Manage the DNS areas
- update records based on the values transmitted by your service providers
- a MX record allows you to direct a domain name (e.g.: your-site.com) to an email server.
- an A record allows you to direct a domain name (e.g.: your-site.com) or a sub-domain name (e.g.: example.your-site.com) to a Web server that has a static IP address.
These changes may take up to 48 hours.