1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
How to add a synonym domain (alias) to a domain name
This guide explains how to add a synonym domain (or an alias) to a domain name. A synonym domain (or a domain alias) is a domain name that can be used as a secondary name for another domain.
- The domain name or the management of its zone needs to be reserved with infomaniak
- The domain name must not be related to a product and and must be configured with our DNS
(to find your DNS:admin2.infomaniak.com > Domain name > your-domain.com > DNS Servers)
Adding a synonym domain to a domain name:
- Open the Infomaniak Admin Console https://admin2.infomaniak.com/
- Go to Domain name
- Click on the domain where you wish to add the synonym domain
- Under the Synonym domains section at the bottom of the page, click Link a domain name or click Order/transfer a domain name if required
The synonym domain will automatically retrieve the main domain name records (A, MX, record, etc.) (including the Web/Email host).
Find out more:
- Dissociating a synonym domain name
- Adding a (domain) alias to a Web site
- Adding a (domain) alias to an email address
- Adding a synonym domain to a domain name
- Understanding how a domain name works