1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Error: "503 Service inaccessible" / "503 Service Unavailable" / "503 Site temporarily unavailable"
When an error 503 appears on your site, we recommend that you consult your hosting's error logs.
The sources for the error may be many and varied. If they frequently reoccur:
- A 5.2 version of PHP and the fopen or file_read which does not return the right certificate because of a bug (the solution then being to use libcurl or migrate to a later PHP version)
- A CMS version (Moodle for example) which must be updated in order to correct the error
- A lack of optimisation (Find out more)
- An error code causing an endless loop
If they are only temporary and can not be reproduced later:
- Temporary and exceptional overload on the shared server
- Use of old internet browsers that do not support SNI