1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
The concepts of owner, customer account, administrator, and user in the Infomaniak admin console
When creating a user account, a customer account (formerly known as a "Group") is automatically created. For an individual, this is typically their last name and first name, while for a company, it is usually the company name.
Like a building composed of multiple apartments, where some tenants are owners and others are not, a customer account may consist of multiple users with different rights:
- all rights: the customer account owner (can remove other owners)
- expanded rights: the customer account administrator (cannot remove an owner)
- users with limited rights (access to specific products)
A customer account is therefore made up of products (web hosting, email hosting, VOD, audio streaming, etc.) that can be managed by multiple users with different rights.
The customer account concept (formerly known as a "group") is particularly useful for people who need to manage several different customer accounts. For example, one could imagine a webmaster or partner needs to administer the products for three different companies, each with its own customer account containing their respective products. By adding the webmaster or partner as administrator of their customer account, the latter can easily switch from one customer account to another in order to manage the various products of the 3 companies without having to log in and log out from the companies' customer account each time.
Find out more
- Adding a new user to a customer account https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/1404
- Deleting a customer account or a user from a customer account https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/1738
- Changing the name of a customer account or the name of the company that holds the contract https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/1494
- Transfering a product to another customer account https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/1531
- Switching from one customer account to another https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/1989
- Giving the user access to only one or two functions https://www.infomaniak.com/en/support/faq/1633