1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
The concepts of client account, administrator and user in the Infomaniak admin console
When creating a user account, a client account (formerly known as a "Group") is automatically created. For an individual, this is typically their last name and first name, while for a company, it is usually the company name.
Like a building composed of multiple apartments, where some tenants are owners and others are not, a client account may consist of multiple users with different rights:
- All rights: administrators of the client account (can remove other administrators)
- Users with restricted rights (access to specific products)
A client account is therefore made up of products (web hosting, email hosting, VOD, audio streaming, etc.) that can be managed by multiple users with different rights.
The client account concept is particularly useful for people who need to manage several different client accounts. For example, one could imagine a webmaster or partner needs to manage the products for three different companies, each with its own client account containing their respective products. By adding the webmaster or partner as administrator of their client account, the latter can easily switch from one customer account to another in order to manage the various products of the 3 companies without having to log in and log out from the companies' client accounts each time.
Find out more
- Adding a new user to a client account: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1404
- Updating the details of a client account: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2146
- Updating the details of a user account: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2145
- Changing a user's rights: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1633
- Removing a client account or a user from a client account: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1738
- Changing the name of a customer account or the name of the company that holds the contract: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1494
- Transferring a product to another client account: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1531
- Switching from one client account to another: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1989