1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
ADMIN1 => ADMIN2 Migration: Migrating a hosting onto the new Infomaniak admin console
This guide explains how to migrate your hosting to our new hosting services.
- Migration is free, requirestechnical skills and is not compulsory
- Once you migrate, it is impossible to return to the old console
- During the migration, you will have the choice to cancel the Web Hosting and/or Mail Hosting product. If you no longer need either of these services, you can thus reduce your bill when your contract next expires
- During the migration you will also have the choice of migrating your current Web data or to begin again with a new clean disk space. In both cases, your current site remains visible to your visitors for 1 month and you decide when it is time to definitively switch the traffic to the site on the new server
Why migrate to the new console?
The new Infomaniak console is more powerful and is constantly evolving.
By migrating now, you will immediately benefit from the following advantages:
- WordPress installation in 1 click with My Easy Site (to find out more)
- > 130 WordPress themes included for free with My WordPress Site (Elegant Themes, WooThemes*, Thrive Themes)
- 1-click installation of over 100 Web applications (Joomla, Drupal, ownCloud, etc.)
- advanced configuration of the DNS of your domain names (to find out more)
- access to the latest technologies: PHP 7, MySQL 5.6, etc.
- managing several sites with one hosting (multisite management)
- changing PHP version on the fly (to find out more)
- option of dissociating the Web hosting from the Mail hosting
- adjusting storage space according to your needs
- further facilitated migration to a Cloud Server (to find out more)centralised management of all your Infomaniak products
- free SSL certificates (to find out more)
- ultra fast 100% SSD Web hosting (to find out more)
- enable a maintenance mode in 1 click (to find out more)create a web page in 1 click (to find out more)
- continued improvement of the products...
Knowledge required to perform the migration <!>
Ffor the moment, the migration procedure is partially automatic and requires technical knowledge to be successful:
- the recovery of the hosting content (files, databases, etc.) is automatic
- but you absolutely must know how to adapt the name, the server, the user name and password of the database in the configuration file of your Web applications (WordPress, Joomla, etc.). You must also be comfortable with the idea of an FTP account.
- PHP versions below PHP 5.5 are not supported and sites operating with old PHP versions may need to be adapted. To find out more
If in doubt, we strongly advise you to use the services of one of our partners.
Functions not supported with our new offers
- generating an internet site (replaced by My WordPress Site)
- PHP versions before PHP5.5
- The SMS platform of your site
- the contact form
- The counters (Google Analytics or Piwik are much more powerful)
- If your site has a dedicated IP address, the option is deleted during migration and you must then
order a new dedicated IP in the new console
Actions to perform to migrate to the new console
- Create a new client account for the new admin console if you do not already have one
- Log in to the new admin console
- once connected to the new admin console, click on Product management
- under Hosting, click on Other actions and choose Import the old console
- enter the log in details that you use to connect to the old admin console
- carefully follow the appropriate guide for your needs:
- save Mail + Web: the contents of your hosting and your mail will be preserved. You will have the same thing as now in the new admin console
- to preserve Mail and/or Web and go to a managed Cloud Server: migrate the contents of your hosting to a managed Cloud Server. You will have a choice whether or not to save your mail
- erase Web and/or keep Mail: start again at 0 and create a new Website while keeping your emails or not. Your Web hosting content will therefore not be preserved. You will have the choice of keeping your emails or not
- keep Mail: to keep only your emails and cancel the web hosting product
This video shows how to start the migration:
This video shows how to migrate a WordPress site to the new admin console: