1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Creating/editing/deleting an FTP account. Managing FTP accounts/access
To manage FTP accounts and access:
- open the Infomaniak admin console (https://login.infomaniak.com)
- go to Hosting
- click on the hosting/domain name concerned
- in the left side panel, click on FTP/SSH
From this point, you can add, delete, and change the password for FTP/SSH accounts.
Restricting a FTP user to a specific folder
When adding an account, you can restrict the account (or the user) to a particular directory selected and to its sub-directories. If you manage multiple websites on the same hosting (multisite/multidomain), this makes it possible, for example, to create an FTP account grouped with the directory of a single Website. To do this it is essential that you create a FTP account (and not FTP+SSH) and select the target directory of your choice. Please watch the video below this guide to find out more.
Configuring a FTP program
Here is all the information you need to configure a FTP program:
- the FTP server, displayed at the bottom of the page (e.g. xyzb.ftp.infomaniak.com)
- the FTP user (e.g. xxxx_user)
- The FTP user password
Do yo uneed help configuring your FTP software? https://www.infomaniak.com/fr/support/faq/1083
This video shows how to...
- create a new FTP account,
- restrict a FTP user to a specific folder and its subdirectories,
- delete a FTP account.