1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Creating/editing/deleting an FTP account
This guide explains how to modify or create an FTP/SSH account to manage the hosting content.
Managing accounts and FTP access
- open the Manager (manager.infomaniak.com
- go to Web hosting
- click on the hosting/ domain name concerned
- in the menu on the left, click on FTP/SSH
From this point, you can:
- click on Add to create a new FTP/SSH account
- click on an existing FTP account to modify its password strong>
- delete an FTP account from the quick actions menu
What is the difference between an FTP and an SSH account?
During the creation of an FTP account, you have a choice between two types of account:
- An FTP + SSH strong> account gives access to all of a hosting's content and lets you manage it by SSH.
- An FTP account lets you restrict a user's access to a folder and its sub-folders. If you manage several sites on the same hosting, it allows you to share the management of sites among several webmasters, for example.
Configuring FTP software
Thanks to FTP software like Filezilla or CyberDuck, you can easily manage the files by FTP (options of working in the background, resuming transfers after a disconnect, limiting bandwidth, etc.)
Don’t hesitate to follow this guide if you need help to configuring an FTP program.https://faq.infomaniak.com/1083