1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Support for glue records
The glue records correspond to the IP addresses of a NS (name server). Before you can use their domain name for a NS, you must therefore create this record.
For example: make the domain name exampledomain.ch point its NS to ns1.exampledomain.ch, but this has never been registered or points to the wrong IP address
Via A record
This method consists of creating a record A (address) for ns1.exampledomain.ch pointing to the NS IP. This will have the effect of registering the IP with the registry. You will then be able to add ns1.exampledomain.ch which will be recognised and redirected to the right NS.
Via option Glue record
This method allows you to create, but also to change, existing Glue records:
- open the admin console (https://admin2.infomaniak.com)
- go to Domain name
- click on the domain name concerned
- click on DNS management
- click on the link "Manage glue records "
- in manage glue records you have the option to view existing records, add some or edit them
- to add, click on add, enter the name of the record and its IP address
- to edit, in the list of existing records, click on the corresponding pencil and edit the IP of the record
NB: Glue records do not exist for .FR You need to create an entry A to the NS you want with the IP you want...