1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Adding an alias (domain) to an existing site
An alias is a second domain name linked to an existing site. For example, for the site "example.com" to also be reachable with"www.example.com", you must add it as an alias to the domain "example.com". In this example, "example.com" is the parent site of the alias "www.example.com "
Adding an alias to an existing site:
- Open the admin console (https://login.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Hosting
- Click on the hosting/ domain name in question
- Under Sites, click on the little arrow next to the Add Site button
- On the drop-down menu, hit Add aliases
- Enter the alias domain name to be added
- If necessary, choose the parent domain of the site alias
- If the alias or its DNS zone is managed by Infomaniak, it is possible to automatically update the DNS entries. Where applicable, make the necessary changes with your registrar or transfer management of the domain name to Infomaniak: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1814
- Hit Save to complete the procedure
It may take up to 48 hours for the alias to point to the parent site.
Find out more
- Adding an alias (domain) to an email address
- Adding a domain synonym to a domain name
- Understanding how a domain name works