1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Email Service: replace the primary domain
This guide explains how to replace or change the primary domain name linked to an Email pack (inversion of the domain name linked to the Email Service).
- The new domain name that you wish to link to your Email Service is hosted or has its DNS zone managed by Infomaniak. In this case, the DNS entries will automatically be handled by our system.
- The new domain name that you wish to link to your Email Service is not hosted by Infomaniak. In this case, it will be necessary to update the DNS entries for this domain manually.
To find out everything about how a domain name works: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2026
Attention: after adding or modifying a domain linked to an Email Service Mail, it may be necessary to update the configuration of your webmail customers: Infomaniak Mail (click here), Outlook or other IMAP software (click here), etc.
Replace the primary domain
- Connect to your Infomaniak space (manager.infomaniak.com)
- Go to Email Service
- Click on the Email Service / domain name concerned
- In the left-hand side menu, click on Domains management, then select Domains linked to this service
- Click on the blue button in the top right corner :
- Indicate the domain name to be added
- Click on Link this domain
- In the list of linked domains, click on theicon to the right of the new domain name added and select Define as primary domain
- Then, in the list of linked domains, click on theicon to the right of the old primary domain and select Unlink the domain
Find out more
- Email Service: startup guide
- Email Service: add a linked domain
- Email Service: unlink a linked domain
- Email Service: DKIM support