1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Domain name: transferring to Infomaniak (authorisation code required)
The domain name is the address you enter in a browser to view a site, like infomaniak.com
It is possible to transfer a domain name from one registrar to another.
Transferring a domain name to Infomaniak
- log in with the registrar that currently manages your domain name
- obtain the transfer code (or authcode) for the domain to be transferred from your current registrar (cf. chapter below)
- check the duration of transfer (under Frequent Questions by clicking on the domain extension concerned)
- order the domain name to be transferred from Infomaniak
- during the transfer, be careful to keep the current DNS of the domain name
- enter the transfer code when you are asked for it during the order
Obtaining the transfer code from your Registrar
You must ask for/obtain the transfer code from your current registrar. If the latter is in the list below, click on its name to get help:
If you have hundreds of domains to transfer (batch / bulk import), do not hesitate to contact us.
The time required to transfer a domain name is influenced by two factors:
- The conditions of the domain name registry for the extension. For .fr for example, the Afnic requires a transfer period of 8 days.
- The conditions of the registrar that you wish to leave (e.g., OVH). The latter may oppose the transfer during a period defined by the registry. It may also automatically accept the transfer.
Particularities for .be and .lu
Please read this guide for .be (Belgium) and .lu (Luxembourg) domaines.