1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Cloud server: slow site / infinite loading
This guide explains how to increase the max_children value in a cloud server managed by Infomaniak in order to increase the number of simultaneous PHP processes that your site can use. This is very useful for solving problems related to infinite page loading on your site.
You need to:
- Check the resource monitoring of your managed cloud server, if your server resources are reached, you'll need to check the optimisation of your processes and your site before you consider increasing the max_children value
- Check PHP error reports from the /ik-logs folder (master process php logs - file name: php-fpm.log) to see if the "max_children" limit has been exceeded.
Example error: [05-Jul-2021 09:08:58] WARNING: [pool www.infomaniak.ch] server reached max_children setting (20), consider raising it
Increase the max_children value
By default, the max_children limit is set at 20. This value can be increased via the administration console of your managed cloud:
- Log in to your Infomaniak space (manager.infomaniak.com°
- Go to Cloud Server
- Click on the relevant managed server cloud
- Click on the relevant hosting/domain name
- Under Sites at the bottom, click on the relevant domain name of the site
- Click on the Advanced settings button
- In the PHP tab, click on Advanced options and then select a new value for max_children