1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Cloud server: slow site / infinite loading
This guide explains how to increase the max_children value in a cloud server managed by Infomaniak in order to increase the number of simultaneous PHP processes that your site can use. This is very useful for solving problems related to infinite page loading on your site.
By default, the max_children limit is set at 20. While it is possible to increase this value via the administration console of your managed cloud, the max_children limit is automatically adjusted according to the configuration of your cloud server. Before making any change to the max_children limit, it is necessary to ensure that you have the necessary resources on your cloud server.
Max_children limit according to the resources on the cloud server:
|Cloud server ||max_children|
|2 CPU | 6 GB RAM||20|
|4 CPU | 12 GB RAM||40|
|8 CPU | 24 GB RAM||80|
|12 CPU | 36 GB RAM||120|
|16 CPU | 48 GB RAM||160|
|24 CPU | 72 GB RAM||240|
|32 CPU | 96 GB RAM||320|
You need to:
- Check the resource monitoring of your managed cloud server, if your server resources are reached, you'll need to check the optimisation of your processes and your site before you consider increasing the max_children value
- Check PHP error reports from the /ik-logs folder (master process php logs - file name: php-fpm.log) to see if the "max_children" limit has been exceeded.
[05-Jul-2021 09:08:58] WARNING: [pool www.infomaniak.ch] server reached max_children setting (20), consider raising it
Increase the max_children value
By default, the max_children limit is set at 20. This value can be increased via the administration console of your managed cloud:
- Log in to your Infomaniak space (manager.infomaniak.com°
- Go to Cloud Server
- Click on the relevant managed server cloud
- Click on the relevant hosting/domain name
- Under Sites at the bottom, click on the relevant domain name of the site
- Click on the Advanced settings button
- In the PHP tab, click on Advanced options and then select a new value for max_children