1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Accessing the FTP server using FTP software
This guide explains how to manage the files of a Web hosting with an FTP program.
Login to the FTP server using FTP Manager
We recommend managing the files for your Web hosting with our online FTP Manager: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1130
In particular this tool enablesCHOWN and supports the compression/decompression of files on the server.
Accessing the FTP server using an FTP program
Regardless of your FTP client, the settings for configuring FTP access are always the same:
- Host server (FTP server) = abcd.efg.aaaaaa.xyz (e.g. xxxx.ftp.infomaniak.com)
- FTP/SSH account (FTP user) = name of FTP account created (ex: xxxx_username / xxxx being the server prefix added automatically to the account name you create)
- Password = the password you assigned to the FTP account
=> You will find all these settings on your console:
- open the Infomaniak admin console (https://login.infomaniak.com)
- go to Web hosting
- Click on the hosting/domain name concerned
- on the left side panel, click on FTP/SSH
If you need help to create and edit your FTP account, please check out this guide: https://faq.infomaniak.com/1982
Guides for the main FTP programs
- Online FTP Manager (Infomaniak)
- Lauyan TOweb
- Magix Xara Designer Pro