1000 FAQs, 500 tutorials and explanatory videos. Here, there are only solutions!
Configuring an email address / configuring email software / email settings
- Guide for creating a new email address
Apple users (iPhone, iPad, Mail for Mac OSx, etc.): we recommend using the synchronization profile that will configure your device automatically. Download it from WorkSpace: https://config.infomaniak.com/
Reading and sending your emails with WorkSpace
WorkSpace is the simplest solution for:
- Reading and sending your emails from your Internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.).
- Synchronizing your contacts and calendars with a smartphone, tablet or email software.
"Step-by-step" configuration guides for Mac, Linux, Android, etc.
- Apple Mail MacOS 10.15 (Catalina) / 10.14 / 10.13 / 10.12 / 10.11 / 10.10
- Outlook 2016 / 2011
- Mozilla Thunderbird
(Samsung, Sony, Xiaomi, etc.)
(iPhone / iPad / iPod)
In case of a problem
Study the different possible reasons for a configuration failure: https://faq.infomaniak.com/2218
Technical information for advanced users
Whatever email software or smartphone you use, the settings are always identical for configuring an email address:
- Incoming IMAP (recommended) or POP server name = mail.infomaniak.com
- Incoming port if IMAP: 993 with SSL if POP: 995 with SSL
- Outgoing SMTP server name = mail.infomaniak.com
- SMTP port: 587 with STARTTLS
- User name = full email address
- Password = the one you assigned to the email address concerned (click here to check your password)
- Authentication = compulsory for sending emails. Enabled in the SMTP settings of your email server. You must tick "use the same settings as the incoming server" or, depending on the software, re-enter a user name (= full email address) and its password.
To find out more about the difference between IMAP and POP: https://faq.infomaniak.com/787